Work with us
IT Support Technician
To provide 1st and 2nd line support to end users and resolution of a 24/7 operation liaising with IT infrastructure team, office, and field staff.
- Monitor and manage incoming service tickets queue, taking ownership of the tickets ensuring all service requests are logged (sent via service desk portal, email or phone).
- Communicate fully and effectively with team/users throughout the incident lifecycle, always ensuring that the user is fully aware of the status of their request meeting the set SLA.
- Provide Problem Management by using all the information to hand to identify, prevent or resolve either ongoing or potential issues that would adversely affect the business.
- Supporting other team members to resolve issues.
- Using existing SCCM platform to deliver and update all applications.
- Work closely with line manager on IT infrastructure projects, as required by the business, in support of the Company’s commercial objectives from time to time.
- Work with the business team(s) to technically assess, document, communicate and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the business when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
- Work with the team to provide planning for patch management and implementation.
- Ensure IT infrastructure complies and is in line with cyber security requirement to avoid breach.
- Work with the third-party support company to assist with DR planning and testing.
- Liaise with third party suppliers/vendors to raise and log purchase orders for IT hardware and software.
- To work with line manager to ensure OOH support for emergencies and planned tasks.
- Keep IT infrastructure documentation up to date reflecting the current state of affairs.
- Monitor IT infrastructure (via existing tools in place) regularly to maintain business continuity.
- Monitor daily that backup is working and complete a test recovery.
- Ensure on-going technical problems are logged and tracked in the correct system.
- Supporting users in a remote environment (home-based office staff and field engineers).
- Set-up AV equipment and applications for meetings as and when requested.
- Proactively maintain the asset management database to ensure that records are up to date.
- Manage onsite access control systems application
Key Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role or industry
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure.
- Windows Client OS experience (Win 7 – Win 10)
- Windows Server Technology (2008R2 – 2016)
- O365, Azure, SharePoint
- AD, DHCP, DNS,
- VPN, SonicWall, Router
- Veeam, ShadowProtect
- Unified Communication and Cloud Telephony.
- Enterprise AV
- MS System Centre Configuration Manager
- Access Control systems
- Strong work ethic.
- Patient and prepared to teach users.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Evidence of working effectively within a team.
- Good organisational skills.
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Ability to stay calm when working under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- To have an enthusiasm and passion for IT.
- To be flexible with a proactive nature.
- University degree in computer science or a relevant IT area and/or qualified by experience in a similar IT role.
- ITIL Foundation or any IT related accreditations would be desirable.