Work with us
IT Infrastructure Lead
Reporting to: Head of IT
We're looking for someone with previous IT support and technician experience. You will have good communcation skills, be highly self motivatated and able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills. The role requires a positive attitude and an ability to thrive in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
- Manage incoming events and prioritise workload for your colleagues on the Infrastructure Team to effectively process alerts and manage Incidents and Service Requests to meet the set SLA.
- Communicate fully and effectively with team/users throughout the incident lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the user is fully aware of the status of their incident or service request.
- Provide Problem Management by using all the information to hand to identify, prevent or resolve either ongoing or potential issues that would adversely affect the business.
- Work closely with line manager to manage and lead IT infrastructure projects, as required by the business, in support of the Company’s commercial objectives from time to time.
- Work with the business team(s) to technically assess, document, communicate and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact to the business when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
- Work with the team to provide planning for patch management and implementation.
- Ensure IT infrastructure complies and is in line with cyber security requirement to avoid breach.
- Work with the third-party support company to assist with DR planning and testing.
- Liaise with third party suppliers/vendors to raise and log purchase orders for IT hardware and software.
- Maintain a level of technological competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager.
- To provide team leadership for infrastructure team including performance management, absence management, training, recruitment etc.
- To work with line manager to ensure OOH support for emergencies and planned tasks.
- Keep IT infrastructure documentation up-to-date reflecting the current state of affairs.
- To adopt and endorse the company’s values and vision to be “game changing”, across all aspects of the role at all times.
- To endorse and co-operate fully with the Business Improvement process, participating in or contributing to, designated change projects as required.
- Contribute to the implementation of proactive monitoring strategies, including regular checks and maintenance to ensure business continuity.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in a similar role or industry
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure led projects
- Practical experience in working with Windows Server 2003-2016, O365, Azure, SQL 2008-2017, AD, DHCP, DNS, VPN, VMware, Hyper-V, Veeam, IIS, vSphere, vCloud, Networking, Firewall, Unified Communication, Watchguard, Router, MCSE, TeamViewer, Hot desking, Cellular technologies, BYOD, MaaS360, NAS, Enterprise AV, SharePoint, Cyber Security, Encryption